I was totally surprised by the fact that this coming Sunday is Mother’s Day. We usually enjoy having the children think about their own moms and what makes them so special, so dads, it’s up to you.
Have your child draw a picture of his/her mom. Ask your child to add details –
- What’s her favorite color?
- What does she enjoy doing?
- What does she love? Flowers? Oceans?
Next you can write your child’s words on the bottom of the page. We are including a large sheet of white paper in this week’s packet so that your child can fold it and make it into a card.
The focus of our packet this week is Whales/Oceans.
We have tried to include a variety of activities. Below are some book ideas and fun stuff to do related to Wales and Oceans.
With Lots of Love,
Websites to look at this week:
- primaryplayground.net – Mother’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- RaisingDragons You Tube channel – (straw pick up game) We have included a straw in the packet and you can use small pieces of paper with letters, numbers, sight words, etc..
- giftofcuriosity.com – Unit Study of The Ocean
- sesamestreet.org – resources for parents and children as well as games and printables
- prekinders.com – ocean songs for kids
Books to Check Out:
Kindle book –
- Whales: An Illustrated Celebration by Kelsey Oseid
Hard Copy Books on Amazon –