This week’s packet is focusing a lot on spring and spring things. Miss Ashley made some wonderful play-dough which needs to stay in airtight containers.
The play-dough can be used with toothpicks to form letters, it can be rolled into letters and numbers, and it can have legos
pushed in it to make imprints of letters and numbers.
Some links for children’s activities are:
- coffeecupsandcrayons.com (Math Patterns in Nature)
- nasa.gov (NASA STEM Engagement Site)
- naturalhistory.si.edu (Smithsonian Virtual Field Trips)
- Beanstalk.co (live classes for free)
- Storytime Anytime (YouTube stories for children)
A few great songs to look up are:
- Inch By Inch – a garden song written by Dave Mallett
- Bad Blue Jay – by Caspar Babypants
- Bubblegum – by Rick Charette
We are still collecting self-portrait drawings from your child to hang on our bulletin board. We only have 8-10 so far.
Don’t hesitate to be in touch if I can help in any way. I’m wishing you some sunny and peaceful days in the coming week.
Sending lots of love your way,