Perhaps there will come a time where we are permitted to gather outdoors even though inside is not recommended, and we will have a chance to reconnect and have closure to our school year.
So much is still unknown.
In thinking about activities to do with children in the next couple of weeks, Earth Day and spring come to mind.
Earth Day is on April 22nd and some ideas for activities include:
- Caring for the earth (cleaning, recycling, reusing).
- Creating things with recycled things such as – painting on cardboard, creating a garden backdrop on cardboard making flowers out of cut up cereal boxes or magazines.
- Planting things.
Here are some links for ideas for the week:
handsonaswegrow.com (Earth Art Designs for kids to Make)
artbarblog.com (The Drawing Tree)
artycraftykids.com (Cool Cat Newspaper Art for Kids)
montessorinature.com (Outdoor learning activities)
There is a link above to “artbarblog.com” and I think it could be neat to make a “wish” tree instead of a drawing tree. I think each family member could hang up pictures or descriptions of things he/she is wishing for or wishing would be different.
- “I wish I would see my friends soon (with a picture of a friend)”
- “I wish we could go to the playground”
- “I wish we could eat at a restaurant”
- “I wish I could play baseball with my team”
- “I wish I could go to work” etc.
Again, please feel free to be in touch if I can help you with any questions, ideas, or concerns.
No Comments Yet